2.28.2010

More Modding

Well, I've not fixed the head textures just yet, but I have done a few things to the Snowhawk avatar (which I've been spending most of my time on).

First, I bought a halter. Horses and halters have always gone together in my mind, so I always have to buy one for any equine av I have. I remember BEGGING and PRAYING I would win a halter for my Hoof It! Pony avatar at the release party, and I did! I wasn't so lucky a few months later... But even that one got a halter eventually.

Anyway. I may have mentioned I considerably shortened the muzzle on the mare. And then I made it shorter. It's fantasy, I can have a short muzzle, damnit.

Anyway, this made fitting the halter... a pain in the ass. But I did it.

mods_001

For comparison, this is the same halter, before editing, on the same avatar, before editing...

mods_004

Yes, mine looks much thicker because I scaled it down so much I couldn't shrink the size of the ropes anymore. Future project? Hell yes. One more for the list.

Anyway, moving down...

I had once bought one of these tails on my Samiya account, way back when one of the Pony clubs I used to rent from was still around. Before I ever rented there. I miss that place, the people were awesome... Anyway, I did find that Yina Yao still had a store, with even more stuff, and so I had to pick up one of her wonderfully fluffy tails.

mods_003

These tails are scripted to touch, and can animate the wearer too. Very fun. :) They're also scripted for color change, as well as differing bases.

Finally, I shod myself. The one I'm currently wearing until I can mod the fancier ones I bought are from Rose Evans, but I couldn't find a store LM for her. You can find them on the top floor of the Sale Barn at the FPC (yes, I had to go back, after all the crap that happened, to buy my damn shoes).

mods_002

Simple, but effective. Coupled with the Pony Productions Hoofprinter (which leaves particle prints and makes a walking sound), I have fun. I don't wear the Hoofprinter everywhere, only at home and when I forget to take it off... :3

Now, you may notice a new horn in that first image. I purchased a sculpty horn and claw builder's kit from Invisible Designs (by Invisible Homewood), since it was well prices... and I can't be bothered to make a sculpty for my horn right now. This one looks much more like the one I draw on her usually. It's also got a very, very soft glow, and is somewhat transparent... And full bright, which I'd neglected to turn on. Yeah, my character's horn glows. I'm a bit of a sparkle dog (...mare) at heart.

Also, in all the images of the modded avatar, I'm wearing a slightly modded "Layla" from Sirena Hair. I streatched the medium size, since it was just a TAD too small, and the large was too big, then I moved the bangs a bit, since they covered my eyes. :)

I'm going to go back and update the previous AVentity avatar post in shortly, since I FINALLY got the images uploaded to Flickr.

2 comments:

Isolte said...

Very nice editing of the Aventity avatar. Maybe one day I'll understand how to paint my own textures to mod the Fox Aventity to look like a black-backed jackal ^_^ (my fursona). I've only just edited the shape of the ears to be larger, and that's as far as my avatar editing abilities go! Haha.

I should login every once in a while or find a better way to make money. My hubster and I sold our Linden for real cash a long time ago, but it'd still be nice to buy new hair for my av. /giggle.

Oh, and I personally love the halter look too! /cheer

Misae Silverfall said...

Well, I just got the okay from Mephitis yesterday to do custom skins for her avs, so if you'd like to be a test subject, I can help. :D

As for making money... it's a lot harder than it used to be. I usually end up buying it (one reason I'm not buying as much as I used to). The RL economy is affecting SL.

... Makes me wish one thing from WoW was there: "quests" of a sort, to get money. Sure there are hunts going on more often than not, most of which offer free stuff, but the cash would be nice too.

I can't imagine someone brand new to the grid, who didn't know the location of some of the really hard to find freebies (hi, Uchi's cat), being able to make their avatar look nice.