8.14.2015

SL :: Also, oops, I forgot.

I have a whole mess of broken pictures on the blog because I have been moving/deleting things. Sorry. ._.; I think I accidentally got my original mod pictures for the Raawr horse when I was cleaning up that gallery. NBD though, I don't actually use that coloration anymore. (In fact, I sold off 5 of my character's alternate colors.)

I said in March of 2014 that I would go over my "latest" coloration, and I apparently never did. Whoops. My life was getting kinda crazy around then, so it's understandable, I hope.

At the end of February, the 18th, judging by upload times on the files in my inventory, I decided to move my character to a "canon" coloration for her. She is from my novel, and this coloration is the one she has at the end of the story.


For a quick backstory, her species, the Delphin, go through what are called "phase shifts." These are physical changes to the individual, usually in the form of fur/hair color, sometimes eye color, and they occasionally gain wings and/or (a) horn/s. These events are brought on by both age (most all Delphin have a shift between 12 and 14 years), and environmental factors. Her cousin, Murial (formerly Nytehawk), had a second shift when she was extremely stressed by a situation she was in, for example.

So, typically, if a Delphin gets a second shift, it's by the time they're in their mid 20s, at the latest. They will typically not experience any later ones.

Unless something severe happens, like a broken horn, or a vampire's bite. (I call them vampires, they are technically not, but it's the easiest term to use.)

The latter definitely happened to Snowhawk the Character (not Sno the mun, I know it's confusing... :p). I'm actually debating on if the first will happen to her, since her horn type changes from her birth type of a straight amethyst core with a silver spiral to Phase 3's smooth, curved type. It would be a good reasoning. ANYWAY.

(First ever colored image of it.)

The coloration I have been using in SL since then is that Phase 3 coloration. I have lots of feels behind this coloration, and it has a lot of meaning behind it. Granted, it's a lot of emo bullshit, but the representation is still there. This is the last canon coloration she has. This is how she looked when the story ends.

So in SL, I've toyed with the idea of roleplaying her. I never really do, I can't take RP as seriously as I used to, and I don't feel that's fair to RP partners, but still... This was how I saw her in my mind.

All other colorations I've used since this one are non-canon. She has three (four if you could the very earliest flash black) colorations in the novel. And the rest are me being bored. And I get bored of them very easily. I've sold all the colorations I've used in SL except this one.

(Tiiiiiitssssssss)

SL has given me a chance to develop characters beyond what I had done before. Even my malt Adian got a new hairstyle! It will be his canon hairstyle after his encounter with a particular character.

I don't know why I'm being vague, no one who reads this will probably ever read my novel. ("Nice and subtle, Sno." Thanks, I try.)

But yeah, I just wanted to post that officially. It's 5:30 in the morning and I should be asleep, but I am fighting it.

No comments: