8.14.2015

SL :: Inventory Clearing...

So, since my last foray into clearing my inventory out, where I inadvertently deleted over 5k items I didn't mean to, I haven't ever actually emptied the trash on an account. And looking at it, that was actually on Misae. I haven't ever cleaned out Snowhawk's inventory.

You can probably imagine, with being on an account for over 5 years, and building and shopping for sales like I do, my inventory is huge.

Starting point of Inventory...

Yeah.

So I've decided to clean it out. It's been more than a year and a half since all the shit happened with Kendi (that I will not go into publicly, but I'll explain in private over SL if you're interested), and that's a lot of stuff that I know I probably won't ever wear again. I could just delete the folder, but there are some outfits in there that I really like, and I'd want to keep them, and some that will never be around SL again. So maybe in the future, I could get over it? Anyway... Time to clean and sort and get rid of crap.

Let's just start at the bottom (oldest) and work our way up...

After several hours, and emptying the trash, I had this...

Just deleting trash...

Not bad.

This is so mindless that you can't do it all at once, so I spent the next bit on ESO.

Then I came back to tackle the White Noise items. I wasn't to that point yet, but I figure I should get it out of the way. I first searched through the Objects folder for outfits I hadn't opened and hadn't moved to the "To Open/Duplicates" folder I had. Then I moved on to boxing everything up. I put the outfits in boxes together, not separating colors/color sets, but that's better than the original idea of "dump it all into one box."

After that, and before emptying the trash, I was left with this...

Clearing out things from White Noise

Damn, that's a shit ton of items. Do I dumped the trash...

Emptying trash again...

Improvement. That's 24,082 items gone. That's almost the whole of Misae's inventory before I tried to clean it.

I still have plenty more to do, sorting and deleting and looking at things going "What the hell was that designer thinking?", I'm only up to June 6, 2010 as far as acquired dates go, but I'm getting there.

... Yay, working! :x

No comments: